Investment activities of “National Company “Kazakhstan Temir Zholy”, JSC are aimed to implement a set of measures ensuring a sustainable operation of railway transport, and improving the quality and safety of transportation services.
In 2018, capital investments of “NC “KTZ”, JSC amounted to 224,911 million tenge. In the reporting period:
· The “Construction of second tracks at the Almaty-Shu section” Project was completed.
· On August 11, 2018, a ceremonial event devoted to the presentation of a multimodal transport hub Kuryk ferry complex was held in the presence of Mr. N.A.Nazarbayev, the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
· Construction of engineering infrastructure under Projects “Construction of Zhezkazgan-Beyneu and Arkalyk-Shubarkol rail lines” was completed.
· Implementation of the “Development of railway hub Astana Project, including the construction of a railway station complex” continued.
· Repair of 963 km of track bed.
· Locomotives: 29 units purchased and 46 units repaired.
· Freight wagons: 753 units purchased and 5 290 units repaired.
· Passenger cars: 2 units repaired.
· Measures aimed at updating the railway infrastructure and improving traffic safety were implemented.
In 2019, as part of investment activities of the Company it is planned:
1. To complete the implementation of “Construction of a ferry crossing at Kuryk Port” Project.
2. To continue the “Development of a railway hub Astana, including the construction of a railway station complex” Project.
3. To carry out activities aimed at updating the rolling stock.
4. To repair 402 km of track bed.
5. To continue the implementation of measures aimed to modernize rail infrastructure assets and improve traffic safety.